There are a few signs that winter is coming. Before winter gets here in full swing, there are a few things you can do to get your furnace winter ready. Here are a few tips to ensure your furnace is functional, safe and energy efficient:
- Make sure to change the furnace filters. It’s generally recommended to change the filters every three months, but varies from brand quality of filtration to the other.
- If there are any items stored around the furnace, make sure to remove them, especially items that are flammable.
- If you also have an air conditioner, cover the AC condenser with a fitted cover.
- Consider getting a programmable thermostat as it’s a big money saver and maximize comfort control.
- Make sure all heat registers and return air grills are not blocked as that can get damaged and create heating issues.
- Turn furnace on once a month during summer months to make sure everything’s operational.
- Make sure there’s nothing obstructing the exhaust flue outdoors.
- All manufacturers recommend annual preventative maintenance by a licenced professional.
Need someone to take care of all of that for you? Check out our HVAC maintenance package here